5 Things You Didn’t Know: 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1'

  • --
Share on FacebookTweet ThisPin ItEmail this to a Friend
5 Things You Didn’t Know: \'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1\'
While we patiently wait for "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2" to hit theaters this fall, we can satisfy our "Twilight" fix with the MTV Movie Awards on June 3, 2012.

The latest Twilight flick is nominated for the top award of “Movie of the Year” and everyone’s favorite category “Best Kiss.”

1.) The famous honeymoon scene was partially shot on a busy street in Rio de Janeiro, but since "Twilight" fans packed onto the street to get a sneak peek of the film’s stars, the production paid individuals $30-300 bucks to stay home and not look out their windows overlooking the shooting location.

2.) The wedding dress that Kristen Stewart wore in the flick has been nearly identically replicated by wedding dress designer Alfred Angelo for his “Twilight Bridal” collection. You can buy the dress online for $799.00. A woman in England was the first person to wear the gown and actually had her last name legally changed to “Cullen” – Bella and Edward’s last name in the flick.

3.) In North America, the film had the second best opening weekend of 2011 just behind "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2." Fun Fact: 80% of “Twilight” movie-goers were female. The other 20% are the boyfriends who got dragged into going and men who wandered into the wrong theater.

4.) During the honeymoon scene, Robert Pattinson is supposed to be an expert at driving a boat while in Rio de Janeiro. He took boat driving lessons before shooting began, but despite this, he still crashed the boat several times during filming.

5.) During the wedding scene, the books author Stephenie Meyer makes a cameo as one of the wedding guests. Other “guests” at the wedding include two of the producers and screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg.

Share on FacebookTweet ThisPin ItEmail this to a Friend