Tracy Morgan's NYC Apartment Goes up in Flames

February 18, 2009 By:
Tracy Morgan's NYC Apartment Goes up in Flames

Tracy Morgan’s New York City apartment was almost completely burned in a fire today.

According to OK! magazine, the fire started after his fish tank caught on fire. And unfortunately, this caused the fire to spread to several other apartment units in his Trump Place building in midtown Manhattan.

NYFD has confirmed that they responded to a fire at the building at around 8:30 this morning, but the flames were under control by 9AM.

Sherri Shepherd, who lives in the same building as Tracy, discussed the fire on The View this morning, noting that she got a call in the studio from her nanny about it and that her floor had been flooded.

There’s no word of any injuries at this time, so we’re hoping everyone had already left for work by the time the fire started.

However, according to OK!, Tracy has lost most, if not all, of the contents in his apartment. The extent of the damage isn’t known at this time.