Looking to take a little vacation? What if you could also do some celeb-spotting while getting some R&R…
Stars are always jetsetting to fabulous places around the world, and we’ve got the exclusive list of the top 10 celeb-friendly travel destinations.
10. Cabo San Lucas: Just a 2 hour flight from Los Angeles, this is an easy getaway for the stars, not to mention gorgeous! Jennifer Aniston is photographed every other week in Cabo, sunbathing in her skimpy bikinis, and often joined by BFF Courteney Cox and her family.
Where to stay: ME Cabo
9. London: It may be rainy, but it has more history, restaurants, and swanky nightclubs than even New York City! Our stars from across the pond like Keira Knightley, Sienna Miller and Jude Law, and the Harry Potter cast are always spotted out at hotspot eateries like The Ivy and Noby Berkeley.
Where to stay: May Fair Hotel
8. Spain: We couldn’t just pick one city in Spain, so we narrowed it down to our favorite 3: Puerto Banus, Majorca, and of course Ibiza, known for its all-night dance parties. If you’re more mellow, check out the unspoiled beaches of Majorca. And Puerto Banus is perfect for hopping on your own private yacht and doing some celeb-spotting, namely royalty! It was the stomping ground for Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn, and now celebs like Minnie Driver, Simon Cowell, Antonio Banderas, David Beckham and Bruce Willis relax in this high-society location.
Where to stay in Puerto Banus: Hotel Guadalpin
7. Hawaii: With several different islands to choose from, there’s something for everyone in Hawaii. Megan Fox chose the enchanting island of Maui for her intimate wedding to Brian Austin Green, which is sort of the middle ground between touristy Oahu and quiet Kauai. Whether you go during Thanksgiving or summer time the best place to spot the celebs is at the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
Where to Stay: Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea on Oahu’s north shore.
6. South Beach: The Kardashian sisters have officially invaded Miami, but South Beach has been a celeb-friendly spot for years. The city exudes sexiness, and it seems every hotel on the sunny strip is trying to outdo the one next door.
Hollyscoop’s pick for the best hotels: the unber-chic Fonatinebleau. What’s great about it is you can stay there in one of their modern white-washed rooms, and also party there at Liv nightclub! It also has 8 different restaurants to choose from, so you may never leave. Another pick is the Gansevoort South , which boasts one of the greatest rooftop pools in South Beach, along with STK and Phillippe for fine dining.
5. Italy: one word—George Clooney. We’d go to Lake Como on a whim just for the chance of spotting him. He’s always inviting other stars to his huge pad there. Another new hotspot is Ischia, where Sophia Vergara and Channing Tatum were both spotted in recent weeks.
Where to stay: Aragona Hotel and Spa
4. Las Vegas: The great thing about Vegas is you can do it up however big or small you want to. The latest star to call Sin City her home is Holly Madison, who has taken up a permanent residency at Planet Hollywood, where she films her show ‘Holly’s World.’ But since little of your time will actually be spent in your hotel, here’s where to party with celebs like Paris Hilton, Lauren Conrad, Leonardo DiCaprio and Usher. Again…the 45 minute flight from Hollywood to Vegas attracts celebs every day of the week!
Where to stay:The top places to be seen at right now are all at Encore, which is part of the Wynn hotel chain and the one hotel that never gets old is the Venetian and the Palazzo. If you wanna spot celebs while partying in the sun, Tao Beach should definitely be on your must visit list. Then there's the new Encore Las Vegas, where you may just be lounging in a day bed next to Paris. Keep the party going at Surrender, one of Leo’s fave places to go undercover. Dance your butt off at XS, owned by legendary nightlife entrepreneur Victor Drai, and a favorite of Usher.
3. Rio de Janeiro: Few cities in the world are as sexy as this Brazilian hotspot, and we’d be hard-pressed to find sexier people anywhere else! That’s why it’s no surprise beautiful people like Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem were recently frolicking on the beach, while Gerard Butler and Madonna were spotted partying it up during Carnival. Ipanema beach has the best water, dining and hotels, so look no further!
One-stop-shop: Fasano Hotel near trendy sun-bathing spot Post 9, and home to restaurant Al Mare.
2. St. Barth’s: This Caribbean island is like no other—and it caters to the rich and famous. Just recently, Bethenny Frankel took her honeymoon on the island, staying at the Hotel Guanahani. And even LA gets cold sometimes, so the winter months there are always star-studded with the likes of Beyonce, Derek Jeter, and Mariah Carey.
1. French Riviera: It doesn’t get more glamorous than this. Celebrities flock to hotspots like St. Tropez and Cannes for the lap of luxury unlike any place in the world. Cannes brings the stars in droves for the annual film festival, and Lindsay Lohan, P. Diddy, Kate Hudson and Jay-Z all live it up in private yachts or five-star hotels, like the Intercontinental Carlton Cannes. St. Tropez attracts stars like Victoria Beckham, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. When they do make it off their yachts, they dine at high-class exclusive restaurants like Villa Romana.