Tom Brady. biography
Born Thomas Edward Patrick Brady on August 3rd, 1977, in San Mateo, California, Tom Brady discovered his football skills while attending Junipero Serra High School.
After graduating in 1995, Brady opted out of a professional baseball career and instead decided to take his accurate arm to the University of Michigan.
Despite being on the sideline for his first two seasons, Brady showed he deserved the starting position by leading his team to the 2000 Orange Bowl championship.
That same year, Brady was drafted by the New England Patriots as the backup quarterback for Drew Bledsoe. After Bledsoe suffered an injury during the 2001 season, Brady became the starting quarterback and helped his team take home the Super Bowl XXXVI ring.
Brady then led the Patriots to another Super Bowl XXXVIII victory over the Carolina Panthers, a performance that resulted in a new six-year contract in 2005.
Although being undefeated by the end of the season, Brady was unable to win the 2007 Super Bowl XLII. The Patriots were later defeated by the New York Giants at Super Bowl XLVI.
Brady most recently led his team to the 2013 AFC, but lost to the Baltimore Ravens.
Tom Brady Wife, Girlfriend & Dating History Timeline
2002 – 2002
Tom Brady dated Layla Roberts for around 5 years, during the time Roberts was crowned Playmate of the Year in response to her 1997 Playboy spread.
September 2002 – October 2002
Brady and party-girl, actress Tara Reid began dating in September 2002, after Reid admitted that she had a “thing” for the football star in April of that year. They were together for around a month before calling it quits.
2004 – December 2006
Actress Bridget Moynahan and Brady carried on a serious relationship for over two years. In December 2006, Bridget announced that she was 3-months pregnant with his child and the couple later that month.
Bridget gave birth to their son John Edward Thomas Moynahan in August 2007 at Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California, with Brady in attendance.
October 2006 – February 2009
In late 2006, Brady started dating fashion supermodel Gisele Bündchen and the two immediately grabbed the world’s attention (probably due to their stunning beauty. A few years later, the hot couple was engaged.
February 2009 – Present
On February 26, 2009, Brady and Bündchen tied the knot in a Catholic ceremony in Santa Monica. The happily married couple has two kids together: Benjamin Rein Brady (b. December 2009) and Vivian Lake Brady (b. December 2012). The family recently purchased a $20 million home in Brentwood, Los Angeles in 2012.
Did you know...
- On November 04, 2007, Tom became the first NFL QB to throw at least 3 TD's in nine straight games. He did this in a game against the 8-0 Colts running the Patriot record to 9-0. This game marked the latest meeting of undefeated teams in NFL history.
- On October 28, 2007, Tom and Peyton Manning became the first QB's to beat 31 different NFL franchises.
- On August 7, 2007, Tom was put on the top spot of Esquire Magazine's Best Dressed Men list.
- Tom was drafted out of high school as a catcher by the Montreal Expos of Major League Baseball.
- Tom Brady is the highest rated passer in Patriots history with an 87.5 career rating.
- Tom was voted to the Pro Bowl in the 2001, 2004 and 2005 seasons.
- Brady led the NFL with 28 touchdown passes in the 2002 season.
- Tom is the first quarterback in NFL history to start and win three Super Bowls before his 28th birthday.