Tobey Maguire Pulled Out of Spider-Man 4

January 12, 2010 By:
Tobey Maguire Pulled Out of Spider-Man 4

Just last week there was news that filming on 'Spiderman 4' had been pushed back indefinitely. And at that time they said it had nothing to do with Kirsten Dunst or Tobey Maguire! But news has just been released that Tobey will not be involved in 'Spider Man 4.'

Before the holidays, director Sam Raimi halted pre-production because he was having issues with the script. It turns out he was clashing with the producers which is why he will not work on the movie anymore.

Sam said: "While Tobey and I were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job."

The movie was pushed back and now it will be released in 2012, instead of next year as previously planned.

So what will the new Spiderman entail? Rumor has it that they are going to actually make a prequal about Peter Parker as a teenager
which means that Kirsten Dunst (who played love interest Mary Jane Watson) will also not return as well.