Tiger Woods. biography
The record breaking pro golfer Tiger Woods was born Eldrick T. Woods and only child to parents Earl and Kultida.
Earl started Tiger’s golf career early, teaching his son the game when Tiger was only one years old. Tigers amazing talent at such a young age grabbed media attention and eventually went pro in 1996.
At age 21, he became the youngest winner of The Masters tournament and continued to take the win in 2001, 2002 and 2005.
Tiger found himself in the center of a scandalous affair on Thanksgiving eve 2009. Within weeks up to 14 mistresses came forward claiming to have had affairs with the pro golfer while he was married to Elin Nordegren.
Currently, Tiger continues to play golf and remains busy off the course.
Did you know…
- He attended Stanford University but left before graduating in order to pursue his golfing career.
- His nickname on the Stanford golf team was Urkel.
- He was Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year in 1996 and 2000, making him the first athlete to win the award twice.
- The Tiger Woods Foundation promotes parental responsibility and involvement in the lives of children.
- He wears a red shirt on the final day of every tournament because his mother feels that it is a "power color" for him.
- He has his own line of golf watches.
- Tiger Woods believes in the teachings of Buddhism.