Tiger Woods. biography
Born Eldrick Tont Woods on December 30, 1975, in Cypress, California, Tiger Woods was nicknamed Tiger to honor his father Earl’s, a Vietnam War veteran, best friend Col. Vuong Dang Phong.
Growing up in Orange County, California, Woods had already picked up his first golf club at the age of 2 and by the age of three, shot a 48 over nine holes at the Cypress Navy. By the time he was 8-years-old, Woods had appeared in Golf Digest and won the Junior World Golf Championships six times.
Around the time Woods was 15-years-old and attending Anaheim’s Western High School, Woods earned the title of the youngest player to with the U.S. Junior Amateur and later became the 1991 Southern California Amateur Player of the Year, followed by the completion of his PGA Tour debut. He was also named Golf Digest Amateur Player of the Year, Golf World Player of the year and Golfweek National Amateur of the Year.
After graduating from high school and being heavily recruited by the best colleges in 1994, Woods set his golfing sights on Stanford University. During his first year, Woods secured his U.S. Amateur title, was voted NCAA First Team All-American, Pac-10 Player of the Year and Stanford’s Male Freshman of the Year. He also made his PGA Tour Major debut in which he placed 41st, making him the only amateur to make the cut. By the age of 20, he emerged as the only golfer to obtain three consecutive U.S. Amateur titles and continued to dominate the golf world by winning the Silver Medal at The Open Championship before leaving college and going professional.
Shortly after going pro in August 1996, Woods snatched one of golf’s most profitable endorsement deals in history with Titleist and Nike. He spent little time gaining the attention of the golf world, being named PGA Tour Rookie of the Year and Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year by the end of 1996 and later won his major at the Masters as the tourney’s youngest winner in its history. Although his momentum slowed down in 1998, Woods quickly rebounded with a PGA Championship in 1999.
Woods made history again in 2000, breaking over nine tournament records at the U.S. Open, becoming the youngest golfer to earn the Career Grand Slam at the age of 24, winning nine PGA Tours, stepping over the tour’s record for lowest scoring average and being named the twelfth-best golfer of history by Golf Digest magazine.
Following a 2001 Masters Tournament victory and becoming the first golfer to acquire four professional golf titles in a single period, Woods failed to win major events from 2003 to 2004. He was able to conquer six PGA Tour events throughout 2005 and 2006, but unable to win his fifth Masters championship. Woods’ career continued to remain at average when his father died in May of that year. He decided to take a few months off and returned to compete in the U.S. Open looking out of shape, which caused him to miss the cut.
By the end of 2006, Woods had improved his play and won six consecutive tour tournaments. His success continued into 2007 and 2009, until he was forced to undergo knee surgery and take off more time. He then made his comeback at the 2008 U.S. Open, winning the whole event despite having a worsening knee injury. Following more knee surgery, Woods conquered the 2009 Presidents Cup, but failed to win a major.
During this time, Woods’ personal life took a big hit when his marital infidelity scandal hit the media in 2009, resulting in massive media attention and his decision to take an indefinite break from golf. In February 2010, Woods finally addressed the scandal head-on via a televised apology to the fans in which he apologized for his irresponsible actions. Due to the public’s outcry that Woods was no longer the type of role model they wanted for their kids, several of Woods’ long-time endorsement partners spilt ways with the golf star.
Woods then returned to the green in the 2010 Masters Tournament where he put on a less than impressive performance, resulting in a fourth place finish. Woods’ performance continued to disappoint with a half-assed show at the Quail Hollow championship and the Players Champion. Bad news continued to plague Woods when his long-time coach Hank Haney quit and was ultimately replaced with Sean Foley.
In 2011, Woods’ ranking had dropped to No. 7. Despite being able to bring it back up to No. 5 by playing well in the 2011 Masters Tournament, Woods’ ranking later plummeted to No. 58. After some minor injuries and firing his longtime caddy Steve Williams, Woods was able to improve his game by placing third at the Emirates Australian Open and later disrupting his losing streak at the Chevron World Challenge.
Most recently, Woods has played in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship and the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, both of which he struggled to gain top ground. He went on to compete in the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship and the Honda Classic where he finished with the lowest final round score in his PGA Tour history. He also won the Arnold Palmer Invitational as well as his 73rd PGA Tour at the Memorial Tournament and the AT&T National.
Tiger Woods Wife, Girlfriend, Mistress & Dating History Timeline
2001 – November 2009
After being introduced by fellow golfer Jesper Parnevik and his wife Mia in 2001, Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren began dating despite Elin turning him down for an entire year. They got married in October 2004, in front of the world’s most recognized stars, including Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan.
The couple has two children together, Sam Alexis Woods (b. 18 June 2007) and Charlie Axel Woods (b. 8 February 2009).
In late November 2009, a fight broke out between Woods and Elin, reportedly due to her discovering Woods’ relationship with Rachel Uchitel. According to reports, Elin confronted Woods about the affair and scratched his face. Woods then tried to flee the scene in his Cadillac SUV, followed closely by Elin who was sporting a baseball bat. Elin hit the car multiple times, causing the back window to blow out and Woods’ to lose sight of the road and crash into a neighbor’s tree.
Elin later filed for divorce in December 2009.
Woods eventually addressed the growing issue during a televised news conference in April 2010, saying, “I have a lot to atone for, but there is one issue I really want to discuss. Some people have speculated that Elin somehow hurt or attacked me on Thanksgiving night. It angers me that people would fabricate a story like that. Elin never hit me that night or any other night. There has never been an episode of domestic violence in our marriage, ever. Elin has shown enormous grace and poise throughout this ordeal. Elin deserves praise, not blame.”
He goes on to explain his behavior and express his deepest apologies for the pain he caused his closest admirers:
“The issue involved here was my repeated irresponsible behavior. I was unfaithful. I had affairs. I cheated. What I did is not acceptable, and I am the only person to blame. I stopped living by the core values that I was taught to believe in. I knew my actions were wrong, but I convinced myself that normal rules didn't apply. I never thought about who I was hurting. Instead, I thought only about myself. I ran straight through the boundaries that a married couple should live by. I thought I could get away with whatever I wanted to. I felt that I had worked hard my entire life and deserved to enjoy all the temptations around me. I felt I was entitled. Thanks to money and fame, I didn't have to go far to find them . . . I was wrong. I was foolish. I don't get to play by different rules. The same boundaries that apply to everyone apply to me. I brought this shame on myself. I hurt my wife, my kids, my mother, my wife's family, my friends, my foundation and kids all around the world who admired me.”
In June 2010, Elin was rewarded a $110 million settlement deal, which also bans Woods from bringing any girlfriends around the kids, unless they are married. The settlement is one of the biggest payouts in celebrity divorce history.
In August 2010, Elin reacted to the unfolding news in a sit down with People magazine, saying that she was “blindsided” and “embarrassed by all of his affairs. "I never suspected, not a one," she continues. "For the last three-and-a-half years, when all this was going on, I was home a lot more with pregnancies, then the children and my school."
2003 – 2008
In early December 2009, Theresa Rogers was named one of Tiger Woods’ many mistresses when it was revealed that the Wellington, Florida native had started up an affair with the golfer before he married Elin. Rogers claimed she taught him everything he learned in bed, had accompanied Woods to many of his golfing events and had multiple hookup sessions over a five-year span.
Later that month, Rogers hired famed-attorney Gloria Allred to represent her in a case against Woods, in which she claimed he was the father of her child and demanded at least $2 million for her silence.
According to RadarOnline.com, the cougar mistress was attempting to have Woods’ baby without him knowing. Although Rogers was married to clothing designer Wayne Rogers and having an additional affair with a Serbian basketball player at the time, she told her close friends that she thought Woods was the father. There has never been a DNA test done on the child and are no updates on the case.
2004 – 2005
Although it was never fully addressed, it was rumored that Tiger Woods and Julie Postle had a brief relationship throughout 2004 and 2005. The rumors began in 2010, after Postle’s ex-boyfriend Brian Kimbrough told the New York Post that Woods began pursuing his girlfriend aggressively while she was a waitress at the Roxy in Orlando. He went on to say they had broken up after he found out she was having an affair with Woods while he was getting ready to marry Elin. When it came to Woods’ new marriage, Brian claimed Woods’ marriage was a mess from the start, saying, “She [Julie] said Tiger told her that his marriage was for publicity. She said it was for his image, and the tabloids and wasn’t real.”
2005 – 2007
Yet another mistress was added to Woods’ rap sheet in mid-December 2010, when Las Vegas lingerie model Jamie Jungers sat down with NBC’s Today host Meredith Vieira and admitted to having an affair with the famed golfer, which, according to her, was less than fairytale-like:
“I didn’t even get a birthday card. I got nothing out of this relationship but a broken heart. “
She went on to refute claims made by escort-boss lady Michelle Braun who suggested that Jungers worked for her and had sex with Woods for money, saying, “The one time out of the whole year and a half I was with Tiger, I asked him, 'Can you please help me out?' I didn't give him a dollar amount. I didn't say, 'Can you buy me a house?' I wasn't specific about what I needed, but I did say, 'Can you help me out?' He said, 'I can't.' "I said, 'I don't understand.' I thought maybe he was joking. I was already embarrassed to ask about it. He said, 'I can't.' And that's when I told him, 'That shows how much I mean to you, and I can't do this anymore. I'm already in a rough position in my life, and I have more drama and that's what I don't need.' "
According to Jungers, the affair lasted a year and a half in part of her regular trips to California.
2006 – 2007
Cori Rist and Woods first met at a New York City nightclub in 2006, with an affair quickly following. “It was just very comfortable. He was not afraid to show his affection in front of everybody that was there,” Cori explains in a 2010 interview on the Today show. As reported by Cori, when they started to leave the club, “he led me by the hand, and we just kind of disappeared, and that was the start.
According to sources, the affair was made up of random hotel meetings with adjacent rooms.
Cori claims that she was aware of his marriage to Elin, but believed, “He was not happy at home with his wife. He would stay there because se was pregnant and they were expecting their first child. Because of his reputation he had to uphold that.”
When it comes to Elin’s never-ending pain, Cori felt just as guilty, saying, “I'm sorry for her pain. I hate that I'm part of it. I had no idea it would be like this. I can only imagine the pain she's feeling now, and I'm sorry."
The affair reportedly ended in September 2007, after Woods suggested that she wasn’t making enough time for him.
2006 – 2006
After meeting in Las Vegas in 2006, Tiger Woods and adult-film star Joslyn James (real name Veronica Siwik-Daniels) started having an affair. To make matters worse, James accused Woods of impregnating her twice due to their unprotected sex sessions - a claim her stepmother adamantly denied, telling Radaronline.com, “Joslyn is a compulsive liar and a bad mom.”
In February 2010, following Woods’ announcement that he would hold a press conference to address his infidelities, James’ attorney, Gloria Allred, released a statement that read, “I think at his news conference, on Friday, that Tiger Woods needs to name my client, Veronica Swift Daniels, a.k.a., Joslyn James, and apologize by name to her. Because she has sacrificed a lot for him.”
After Woods’ gave his speech, minus the apology to James, Allred held her own conference, saying, “I just watched Tiger Woods’ apology on television, and he said that many people believed in him. He also said he wanted to make amends. He did not apologize by name to my client, Veronica, and I ask, why no apology? Veronica had a three year romantic relationship with Tiger Woods.”
In March 2010, James released a slew of dirty text messages between her and Woods in hopes of squashing any doubts concerning the alleged affair, including the following:
- Tiger:Sent: 06:01 PM 07/30/2009:I will leave an envelope at the front desk under ms daniels. Your room will be 305. Get settled and let me know when you are ready to see me. I will be i
- Tiger:Sent: 06:01 PM 07/30/2009:n room 201. You can come down the stair well next to your room. Make sure absolutely no one sees you
- Tiger:Sent: 01:27 AM 07/31/2009:Did you get lost. Door is open
- Tiger:Sent: 04:18 PM 07/31/2009:Oh i know. Not at all. Just glad and suprised i can do that to you Im all clean. Come on down:)
- Tiger:Sent: 06:36 PM 07/31/2009:Awesome baby. Be Safe
- Tiger:Sent: 03:13 AM 08/01/2009:Thank you sexy
- Tiger:Sent: 11: 08 PM 08/23/2009:I like when you do that to me
- Tiger:Sent: 11:11 PM 08/23/2009:Ditto sexy
- Tiger:Sent: 04:06 PM 08/28/2009:I want to be deep inside you
- Tiger:Sent: 03:19 PM 08/29/2009:I need that so bad
- Tiger:Sent: 03;29 PM 08/29/2009:Now:)
- Tiger:Sent: 03:30 PM 08/29/2009:Me to. I would wear you out
- Tiger:Sent: 03:32 PM 08/29/2009:I have no idea. I would love to have the ability to make you sore
- Tiger:Sent: 03:35 PM 08/29/2009:In a week. I will try to wear you out
- Tiger:Sent: 03:36 PM 08/29/2009:After i cum you better start sucking my cock to get it hard
- Tiger:Sent: 03:56 PM 08/29/2009:You do. Need more of it
- Tiger:Sent: 04″02 PM 08/29/2009:I want to treat you rough. Throw you around, spank and slap you
- Tiger:Sent: 04:06 PM 08/29/2009:Slap your face. Treat you like a dirty little whore. Put my cock in your ass and then shove it down your throat
- Tiger:Sent: 04:07 PM 08/29/2009:You are my fucking whore
- Tiger:Sent: 04:08 PM 08/29/2009:Hold you down while i choke you and Fuck that ass that i own
- Tiger:Sent: 04:10 PM 08/29/2009:Then im going to tell you to shut the Fuck up while i slap your face and pull your hair for making noise
- Tiger:Sent: 04:48 PM 08/29/2009:You are. Always will be. Don’t trust people
- Tiger:Sent: 5:00 PM 08/29/2009:I really do want to be rough with you. Slap you around
- Tiger:Sent: 05:12 PM 08/29/2009:For years. And punish you for not seeing me more
- Tiger:Sent: 05:15 PM 08/29/2009:I want you to beg for my cock. Kiss you all over to convince me to let you have it in your mouth
- Tiger:Sent: 05:26 PM 08/29/2009:Next time i see you, you better beg and if you don’t do it right i will slap, spank, bite and fuck you till mercy
- Tiger:Sent: 03:15 AM 09/07/2009:You are going to be headed to the hyatt lodge. 2815 jorie blvd oak brook, il 60523. Phone 630 990 5800
- Tiger:Sent: 06:30 PM 09/07/2009:Let me know when your about 20 out i will order dinner. And what would you like to eat
- Tiger:Sent: 07:38 PM 09/07/2009:Head to the elevators and go to 334. Thats your room. The door will be open with the dead bolt. I have to get back here to wait for the food. Im in room 358.
- Tiger:Sent: 07:42 PM 09/07/2009:Let me know when you are in the room. Food just got here
- Tiger:Sent: 07:47 PM 09/07/2009:Sweet. Dont come down here yet. Lots of people in the hall. I will let you know when it clears
- Tiger:Sent; 08:32 PM 09/07/2009:Come on down. Its quiet here in the hall now
- Tiger:Sent: 08:35 PM 09/07/2009:There is a room service cart in my hall. Be careful
- Tiger:Sent: 08:35 PM 09/07/2009:Room358
- Tiger:Sent: 10:23 AM 09/08/2009:So when can i have that ass again
- Tiger:Sent: 12:42 PM 09/08/2009:I have to leave for an appearance at 430 but i will be back at 730 for dinner and lots of dessert with you. How about a quickie before i go:)
- Tiger:Sent: 01:28 PM 09/08/2009:Have you ever had a golden shower done to you
- Tiger:Sent: 03:41 PM 09/08/2009:Enter thru room 360. Its next door
- Tiger:Sent: 03:42 PM 09/08/2009:Hurry so i come in that ass
- Tiger:Sent: 07:32 PM 09/08/2009:You felt amazing to baby. How much was your flight by the way
- Tiger:Sent: 07:35 PM 09/08/2009:Having a few issues at home. Might be a little later before i see you tonight
- Tiger:Sent: 07:39 PM 09/08/2009:Parent hood melt down:)
- Tiger:Sent: 06:02 PM 10/01/2009:Baby im not going anywhere or doing anything. You please me like no other has or ever will. I’m not losing that. You have to understand people love to tal
- Tiger:Sent: 06:02 PM 10/01/2009:k about me. sometimes its good and sometimes its bad. I have learned to just roll with it no matter how much it upsets me when its not true. My life is a
- Tiger:Sent: 06:02 PM 10/01/2009:fish bowl
- Tiger:Sent: 10:40 AM 10/04/2009:Guys from dubai. Investors. So my agent being suggested that we go back to my room at the mansion for lunch. He doesnt know about us, obviously
- Tiger:Sent: 11:31 AM 10/04/2009:This has been a total shit trip. Im sorry i fucked up last night. And this shit. We will get it right next time so we can spend more time together.
- Tiger:Sent: 12:07 PM 10/04/2009:I told you. Oh my god. I cant believe what just happened
- Tiger:Sent: 12:08 PM 10/04/2009:Don’t Fucking talk to me. You almost just ruined my whole life. If my agent and these guys would have seen you there, Fuck
2006 – 2008
Reportedly, Tiger Woods and Playboy model Loredana Jolie had a fling for around two years. At the time, Jolie worked for madam Michelle Braun as an escort and was paid for sex by Woods.
According to Jolie, Woods’ sex fantasies were “not normal” and he “would engage in sex from 9 p.m. until the sun came up the next morning,” she told the New York Post in 2010. She went on to reveal that Woods “likes role-playing, he likes to be the guy in control and wearing a suit while there are girls performing girl-on-girl and guys entertaining guys.”
When it comes to sex rehab, the Italy-born model said she was “not really sure rehab for sex addiction will help him.”
April 2006 – October 2006
Tiger Woods and waitress Mindy Lawton supposedly had a minor, yearlong affair after meeting at the diner Lawton worked at in 2006. The relationship was made-up of various hook-up spots, including parking lots and the shower.
In an interview with News of the World, Lawton suggests that Woods was “very well endowed” and “knows his way around the bedroom. On a scale of ten, I would give him 12.”
The affair finally died out in October 2006, with Lawton citing his need for solely-sex-and-no-relationship as the cause.
2007 – 2009
In December 2009, Los Angeles cocktail waitress Jaimee Grubbs claimed she had a 31-month affair with Tiger Woods and had the photos and text messages to prove it. According to Grubbs, the two first met in April 2007, when he came up to her at a party and said, “You don’t look like you’re having any fun.”
She also claimed that they had sex around 20 times, during which he would complain “his life is overwhelming,” and would ask her to leave because he liked to sleep alone.
Later that month, Grubbs released a voicemail recording of the golf star to bring merit to her story:
“I need you to do me a huge favor. Can you please take your name off your phone? My wife went through my phone and may be calling you. So if you can, please take your name off that. Just have it as a number on the voicemail. You got to do this for me. Huge. Quickly. Bye."
She also provided the press with incriminating and dirty text messages between the two to further prove her claim:
- Tiger: Hey Sexy I can't come out this week. Something came up family wise (July 20, 3:04 p.m.)
- Jaimee: That's okay I hope everything is fine ... would have liked to see you
- Tiger: We will make it happen
- Jaimee: I drove out for the night to surprise a friend with a present for there birthday (July 26, 11: 22 p.m.)
- Tiger: what kind of present your naked body
- Jaimee: haha no a watch I slept alone
- Tiger: alone with him that is
- Jaimee: haha I wish
- Jaimee: miss u (Sept. 27, 6:38 p.m.)
- Tiger: now that's hot so who is your new boy toy
- Jaimee: no new boy toy ... still running dry... been on 2 real dates in the pat 2 months :(
- Tiger: I need you
- Jaimee: then get your tight ass over here and visit me! I need u
- Tiger: I will wear you out soon
- Jaimee: how soon? I got a new piercing
- Tiger: really. Where
- Jaimee: I just sent u a pic of it ... is on my cheek below my eye ... implanted a little diamond
- Tiger: send it again. I didn't pick up on that
- Tiger: you just need some attention from me
- Tiger: do you have a boy friend (8:45 p.m.)
- Jaimee: I don't even have someone I am dating ... no ... u can be my boyfriend ;)
- Tiger: then I am
- Jaimee: I wish
- Tiger: quiet and secretively we will always be together
- Tiger: when was the last time you got laid
- Jaimee: if we hang out on a Sundway we can watch desperate houswives again haha (Sept. 30, 3:38 p.m.)
- Tiger: oh god
- Jaimee: take a break from watching boring old golf
- Jaimee: I mean the amazing sport of golf ;)
- Jaimee: [more than an hour later] babe I was kidding
- Tiger: I know sexy
- Jaimee: is it orange county time yet? (Oct. 1, 6:06 p.m.)
- Tiger: oh stop :)
- Jaimee: hahaha I know ... but you canceled on me last time so the anticipation is killing me ... im finding myself watching sports center ... haha j/k it isn't that bad
- Tiger: its never been that bad
- Jaimee: very true ... I only watch football
- Tiger: Figured you would say that. Big black guys.
- Jaimee: u are my first, last and only black guy! U should feel special
- Tiger: why do I not believe that?
- Tiger: [later, in response to Jaimee's mention of a date who was "full of himself"] you kinda like that for some reason which is weird why you decided on me.
- Tiger: having an asian mother and a military father you cannot and will not ever be full of yourself
- Jaimee: I have fun with u, you always make me smile and I am not afraid to be myself or say anything to u ... the day I met u I thought u were going to kick me out a few times but for someone reason you didn't and u have told me numerous times I talk to much but slowly as I get to know u iI think your absolutely amazing
- Tiger: you are wrong I'm bone thugs in harmon
- Jaimee: Something wrong babe?I was excited to sepnd time with u this week (Oct. 15, 6:40 p.m.)
- Tiger: I will you Sunda night. Its the only night in which I am totally free but I have to leave at 530 Monday morning to drive up to the valley for an outing for one of my sponsors. See you at 8 pm on Sunday in newport
- Tiger: don't text me back till tomorrow morning. I have to many people around me right now
- Tiger: send me something very naughty (Oct. 18, 3:40 p.m.)
- Jaimee: some things are worth waiting for lol ... besides im at work
- Tiger: go to the bathroom and take it
- Jaimee: haha ur too much
- Jaimee: are u leaving me cause your wife is still in newport :( I am lonely now ... i like falling asleep in your arms (Oct. 18, 11:38 p.m.)
- Tiger: sorry baby I just can't sleep. Its just a problem I have.
- Tiger: she is not here. They left this morning
- Jaimee: well I appreciate you not wanting to wake me up but if y couldn't sleep I would have rather sat up and talked to u more ... find out why I keep falling more and more for u ;)
- Tiger: Because I'm blasian :)
- Tiger: I'm sorry babe. Im already home.
- Jaimee: I'm putting my underwear back on ... thats a no no ... come take them off
- Tiger: :) you are too funny
- Tiger: happy thanksgiving to you (Nov. 26, 11:16 a.m.)
- Jaimee: u too love
2009 – 2009
Rachel Uchitel was the first mistress to hit the press after Woods’ infamous Cadillac crash, reportedly due to Elin discovering texts between Woods and Rachel.
After initially denying the affair, Rachel finally addressed the rumors in an interview with the Daily Mail, saying, "People have called me all sorts of names, but they don’t know me. I am not the same as the other girls and I never ever imagined in my wildest dreams that I would be caught up in a scandal like this. I'm only telling my story now so that people can discover what sort of girl I am and learn the truth about me. If they still choose to hate me, then so be it. But I never set out to hurt anyone.”
When Woods’ legal camp got wind of a Gloria Allred-style news conference in which Rachel planned to reveal new details on her affair with Woods, Rachel was offered an estimated $10 million confidentiality agreement to keep her from leaking damaging details to the press in 2011.
Rachel was later ordered to return all the money after Woods’ camp claimed she had broken the agreement after talking to TMZ and appearing on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew for sex addiction treatment, although she never specifically addressed the affair. Rachel believed she did nothing wrong, but took the advice of Allred and returned the money to Woods. After finding out that Allred’s deal included keeping her attorney fees, Rachel hired a malpractice lawyer who in turn demanded Allred pay his client back. No word on the results.
2009 – 2009
According to an inside source, Las Vegas nightclub executive Kalika Moquin and Tiger Woods had a short affair during the weekend of October 23, 2009. The two sides, however, never confirmed the rumored affair.
"It's not appropriate for me to comment one way or the other," she told Life & Style magazine. “At this time, I’m just choosing to focus on my job.”
March 2011 – Present
Rumors that Tiger Woods and college student Alyse Lahti Johnston were dating began in March 2011, when the two were spotted hanging out on his yacht on numerous occasions. Alyse is reportedly training for the LGPA Tour.
In 2013, the National Enquirer published a story claiming that Tiger Woods proposed to Elin again and offered her a $200 million pre-nup agreement. According to the tabloid, Elin is considering the proposal, but only with the addition of a $350 million anti-cheating clause.
Since divorcing in 2010, Elin has been romantically connected to businessman Jamie Dingman and Swedish hockey player Douglas Murray.
Although the story claims Tiger just wants Elin back and is not concerned about the money, neither side has commented on the developing news (yet).
Did You Know . . .
- He attended Stanford University but left before graduating in order to pursue his golfing career.
- His nickname on the Stanford golf team was Urkel.
- He was Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year in 1996 and 2000, making him the first athlete to win the award twice.
- The Tiger Woods Foundation promotes parental responsibility and involvement in the lives of children.
- He wears a red shirt on the final day of every tournament because his mother feels that it is a "power color" for him.
- He has his own line of golf watches.
- Tiger Woods believes in the teachings of Buddhism.