Teri Hatcher. biography
Teri Hatcher is a California native born in Palo Alto, California in 1964. She was born to Esther (Beshur) who is a computer programmer, and Owen W. Hatcher who is a nuclear physicist. She attended Fremont High School in Sunnyvale and De Anza College in Cupertino. Teri Hatcher had a very emotional and rough child hood as she admitted that she was sexually abused by an uncle at age 5.
Teri Hatcher spent her childhood dancing which led to her becoming a member of the 1984 Gold Rush team. That was the name of the professional cheer leading squad of the San Francisco 49ers.?
Her first role was when she came to Los Angeles to support a friend but ended up auditioning and winning a role in “The Love Boat.” Before gaining popularity in the hit TV series Desperate Housewives Teri Hatcher was known as Lois in "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman".
Hatcher married fellow actor Jon Tenney in May 1994 and gave birth to daughter Emerson Rose Tenney on November 10, 1997.
It was a long journey in the entertainment industry for Teri Hatcher but her break through role was when she got a spot as Susan Mayer in the comedic soap opera "Desperate Housewives." Just one hit show took Hatcher from Z-list to A-list overnight. Hatcher won both a Golden Globe for Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and the SAG Award for Female Actor in a Comedy Series during the first season of the show.
Did you know...
- She was voted "Most Likely to Become a Solid Gold Dancer" by her graduating class in 1982.
- Despite admitting in March 2006 she had had Botox injections, Teri denied she had ever had them in February 2007.
- Teri is the second youngest actress of the core main cast in Desperate Housewives.
- Teri wears a belly button ring.
- Teri's all-time favorite movie is Tootsie.
- In early 2006, Teri swore off marriage after two failed marriages.
- Teri admitted on having a crush on her co-star Dean Cain (Superman) at the first auditions.