Spice Girls. biography
NAME:Spice Girls BIRTH DATE:January 1, 1994 (Age: 19) PLACE OF BIRTH:London, UK
The group became known as “a social phenomenon that changed the course of popular music and popular culture.” The group departed their separate ways in 2000. In later 2007 they released their Greatest Hits album to accompany their current World Tour.
Did you know...
- The Spice Girls signed a deal with Victoria’s Secret in 2007 to sell their hits album in the lingerie boutique and store’s website. The store also sold a karaoke CD of the girls’ hits.
- The Spice Girls' Rolling Stone issue was the best selling issue and had a very popular cover.
- The Spice Girls were the biggest pop sensation since the Beatles.
- Geri Halliwell was known as the flamboyant leader of the pack.
- Besides the message of "Girl Power!," "Going for it" was a very big Spice Girl's theme. In fact, "Girl Power" means girls can do what they want and should go for it.
- Prince Harry and Prince Willian were big fans of the girls. In fact, at his boarding school, Prince Willian replaced the poster of Pamela Anerson Lee in his room with one of Emma, aka, Baby Spice. When Ginger met Prince Charles, she pinched him on his bum.
- The Spice Girls wanted to reunite for 2007’s Concert For Diana, which honored the late Princess, but due to scheduling, they could not make it.
- Tickets for a London show for the Spice Girls’ reunion tour in 2007 sold out online in only 38 seconds. After this happened, they added two extra nights to play in London.
- The Spice Girls released Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) in November 2007, their first single to be released in seven years.
- The Girls all dressed in outfits that expressed their individualism and the image they wanted to project to the public.
- The girl's music is influenced by Madonna.