Lucky few get to scope out all the fashion, celebrity, and non-stop action at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, so that’s why we rely on TRESemmé correspondent Shenae Grimes for everything going on backstage.
“90210” star Shenae Grimes caught up with TRESemmé hair stylist Jeanie Syfu on how to get super sleek pin straight hair like the runway models in Rebecca Minkoff’s show.
“I find out how hair and fashion come together on the runway,” says Shenae.
To get that ultra-modern middle-part straight hair that Shenae calls “perfectly straight,” stylist Jeanie breaks it down into a few simple steps.
1) Run TRESemmé Thermal Creations Volumizing Mousse through roots and midlengths of damp hair.
2) Spray TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray to the ends to tame flyaways and give it that sleek look.
3) Using a blow dryer with a nozzle, dry hair. But, if you’re pressed on time, Jeanie says with the Keratin spray, you can skip the blow dry.
4) Spray TRESemmé 24-hour Body Finishing spray all over hair BEFORE you flat iron.
5) Tease the roots lightly near the middle part and set with TRESemmé No Frizz Shine Spray.
The result is perfectly straight-as-a-board hair that is shiny and frizz free. When the outfit is complicated and strong like Rebecca Minkoff’s designs, you don’t want to do anything complicated with your hair.
Check out more behind the scenes action by visiting the official TRESemmé YouTube Channel