Selena Gomez: The Real Reason I was Hospitalized

June 16, 2011 By:
Selena Gomez: The Real Reason I was Hospitalized

You know when you were younger you could eat a bag of Cheetos for lunch and scarf it down with a huge bottle of coke? But if you tried to pull something like that off now you’ll get indigestion for like 3 days. Yeah, that happened to Selena Gomez.

She may be just 18 years old, but Selena’s bad eating habits have already caught up with her.

She blames her overload of junk food for her recent hospitalization. Apparently Twinkies and Ho Hos don’t have enough nutrition—or so I hear.

“I do eat," she said on Kidd Kraddick's radio show in Texas on Thursday according to People. "The problem is I don’t eat right. I love everything that’s possibly not good for me."

She admits her mom has stepped in and has officially taken control of her diet. "She’s definitely shoving vitamins down my mouth and following me around," she says of her mom.

"But at the same time, I was a stubborn kid, so I got to eat whatever I wanted. I have to have creamed spinach or cheese on my broccoli. I have to have something that makes it not healthy."

So what was she overdosing on before the hospital trip? M&Ms, Kit Kats, Snickers and Goobers. Yeah, probably not a good idea.

With all the pain and embarrassment of going to the hospital, she could have at least struck up an endorsement deal with a candy company to make it all worthwhile. Haven’t you learned anything from the Kardashians?