Sarah Palin. biography
NAME:Sarah Palin BIRTH DATE:February 11, 1964 (Age: 49) PLACE OF BIRTH:Sandpoint, Idaho
After earning her degree from the University of Idaho in Communications and Journalism, Sarah became a sports reporter. She married her high school sweetheart and has five children. Her political career began as a city council member in Wasilla. After serving as the mayor of Wasilla for several years, Palin was elected governor of Alaska in 2006, defeating the incumbent in the primary. She is currently under investigation for firing a state official that wouldn't fire her ex-brother-in-law.
Sarah's political image as a reformer and strong social conservative led John McCain to select her as his running mate for the upcoming presidential election. Palin is the first female Republican vice presidential nominee, and only the second woman to be put on a national ticket in history.
Did you know…
- She wants to outlaw abortion
- She's the first female governor in Alaska history
- She is a lifetime member of the NRA
- Her oldest son will be deployed to Iraq
- Her youngest son has down-syndrome
- She loves hunting and fishing
- Her 17-year old daughter is pregnant