Ryan Seacrest can sleep a little easier tonight!
An LA judge sentenced his stalker to two years in prison after he pleaded no contest to the crime. 26-year-old former Army reservist Chidi Benjamin Uzomah Jr. has been behind bars since October when he showed up to the E! offices carrying a knife on him.
Ryan Seacrest's Stalker Arrested
Superior Court Judge John S. Fisher rejected a defense request to sentence Uzomah to probation. Phew! What a relief for Ryan to have this guy put away for the next two years. We can’t imagine anyone who would want to hurt him!
But celebrity stalking has become a part-time job for psychos in recent years, and here’s a list of some other celebs who have become the subject of crazy stalkers.
5. Pamela Anderson: She was stalked by 29-year-old William Peter Stansfield from England, who started showing up wherever Pam or her family members were. He was homeless and claimed he wanted Anderson to star in a movie he had written. Anderson was granted a three-year restraining order.
4. Hilary Duff: 18-year-old Maksim Myaskovskiy threatened to hurt the actress at a 2006 event she was to attend and showed up at her mom’s house and her then boyfriend Joel Madden’s house. Myaskovskiy was sentenced to 117 days in jail and five years probation.
3. Audrina Patridge: Zachary Loring repeatedly showed up at her house with creepy poems and drawings, including one of a woman being hanged. Patridge called 911 after Zachary Loring allegedly started pounding on her front door and kept ringing the doorbell. Police showed up and arrested Zachary Loring, who was booked for felony stalking and misdemeanor vandalism and being held on $160,000 bail.
2. Steven Spielberg: Diana Napolis believed Spielberg and his wife, Kate Capshaw, were part of a satanic cult who inserted “soul catchers” into people as a way to control them. She was put on probation, was ordered to take her psychiatric medications and to stay away from Spielberg and Hewitt for at least 10 years.
1. John Lennon: Mark David Chapman murdered John Lennon in 1980 after becoming obsessed with him and then obsessed with killing him. Chapman has been in Attica State Prison ever since charged with second-degree murder and has been denied parole five times.