Early this morning one of the pranksters in the famed Jackass crew passed away in a car crash. Ryan Dunn was the bearded dude whose famous pranks included sticking a toy car into his ass and getting a swirly at the hands of Bam Margera.
Here are some things you might not have known about the MTV star.
5. Ryan Dunn stared in Bam Margera’s 2003 film, “Haggard,” which is based on the true story of Ryan Dunn and how his ex-girlfriend cheated on him.
4. Before the fame of Jackass, Ryan Dunn and Bam Margera and friends were part of CKY Crew, which stands for Camp Kill Yourself. The dudes went to High School together in West Chester, Pennsylvania and would skip class to film videos of themselves doing skate tricks and other daredevil stunts that they later became famous for on Jackass.
3. Dunn was the host of an MTV show called, “Homewrecker.” The show was an anti-home makeover show, where Dunn would come into your home and wreck it. It only lasted 8 episodes, probably due to lack of contestants willing to have their homes destroyed.
2. Dunn is very brand loyal? During the last episode of Viva La Bam, Dunn got a tattoo of a plus sign, the Blair Witch Project logo, the BMW logo, the Red Hot Chili Peppers logo, and a math problem on his ankle.
1. He was on an episode of MTV cribs where he let camera crews into his two-bedroom apartment in Pennsylvania where he lived rent-free on the ground in the basement of his friend’s apartment. He lived like this even after Jackass fame.
Bonus: Ryan appeared on NBC’s game show, Minute to Win It alongside Steve-O last week. The duo pulled off a series of silly games to win $50,000 for charity. The dudes made jokes about buying incriminating items from a liquor store while only wearing a thong and an audience member plucked tic-tacs from Dunn’s Zach Galifianakis-like beard.