Yesterday, Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L. James made the tragic announcement that some rando named Charlie Hunnam will be playing the intense, gorgeous, iconic literary figure Christian Grey in the upcoming Fifty Shades film adaptation.
Obviously you and everyone we know is very upset about this news, so there’s only one thing we can do. Create a list of reasons why Robert was destined to play the brooding billionaire. Robert Pattinson should be playing Christian Grey and here’s why:
1. Fifty Shades of Grey began as Twilight fanfiction, so Christian Grey was based on RPatz!
2. He looks like this in a suit.
3. Copper colored hair? Check.
4. That tie.
5. He’s already ready for you to cuff him up, girrrlllll.
6. This. Just, this. All of it.
7. He was the author’s first choice for the role. “Talked to E.L. James at a party over the summer: her first choice for Christian was Rob Pattinson,” says E.L. James’ pal Bret Easton Ellis.
8. He’s clearly comfortable with sex scenes.
10. And finally, this.