Robert Downey Jr.. biography
NAME:Robert Downey Jr. BIRTH DATE:April 4, 1965 (Age: 48) PLACE OF BIRTH:New York City, NY
American actor Robert Downey Jr. was born on April 4, 1965 in New York City. Starting at the age of five, Robert made minor appearances in his father's films. His first notable film was Tuff Turf, starring opposite James Spader in 1985. Downey also had a significant role in Weird Science. The Pick-up Artist was his first lead role and co-starred Molly Ringwald.
After starring in a few big budget films, Downey drew critical acclaim for his portrayal of Charlie Chaplin. He was nominated for Best Actor. Downey's career took a downward path because of drug and alcohol abuse. He was arrested several times and sent to jail for a year. He revived his career with his work on Ally McBeal but continued to have run ins with the law.
After a stint in rehab, Downey's career made a resurgent comeback, appearing in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Zodiac. He played the lead in hit film Iron Man and recently starred in Tropic Thunder with Ben Stiller.
Did you know…
- Has the words "Suzie Q" tattooed on his left bicep
- He released his own album
- He is married to producer Susan Levin
- His father offered him marijuana when he was eight
- He dropped out of high school to pursue acting
- He lived with girlfriend Sarah Jessica Parker for seven years