Hollyscoop was at the court house where Chris plead guilty for felony assault. The outcome of the plea bargain is:
- Supervised probation for 5 years.
- 180 days of community labor, like graffiti cleanup in his hometown of Virginia.
- He must report back to court every three months for his supervised probation.
- He must also enroll in a domestic violence counseling program, which will most likely be 52 sessions. One session per week.
- Judge issued a stay away order, which means he must stay at least 50 yards away from Rihanna, and he is not allowed to contact her.
- Chris is ordered to return back to court on August 5th.
- Rihanna was advised of the agreement in the district attorney's office at 12pm today, and didn't object to any of it.
- According to Rihanna's lawyer, Rihanna didn't testify today because the plea bargain was reached before the preliminary hearing.
- Rihanna will most likely agree to have the protective order reduced to a level one on August 5th as long as Chris does not annoy or harass her until that hearing.
- The probation office in Virginia will give Chris options for his community labor, which will then have to be approved by a court in California.
- Rihanna should not contact Chris, because if she contacted him, it would be a violation of his order.
Do you think Chris' sentence was fair? Is 5 years probation equivalent to the crime?