Paula Abdul Confirms: 'I Won't Be Returning To The X-Factor'

January 31, 2012 By:
Paula Abdul Confirms: 'I Won't Be Returning To The X-Factor'

Great, now who’s going to make Nicole Scherzinger squash little kids’ dreams? Oh right, Nicole’s off the show, too.

Simon Cowell must have had a really bad day on the ‘X-Factor’, because from the looks of it, he went storming around the set, saying ‘You’re fired!’ to everyone who crossed his path.

Reports surfaced this morning that Paula Abdul was out, and she responded to them in a statement.

“Yes, it’s true; I won’t be returning to The X-Factor next season.”

But Paula says there are no hard feelings between her and Simon.

“I've learned through my longevity in this industry that business decisions often times override personal considerations. Simon and I, along with Fox and Freemantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation."

I can only imagine who Simon has in mind to replace Paula with. I mean, where else is he going to find a once legendary singer who’s now as entertainingly doped up as Paula?

*Whitney Houston stumbles in, knocking herself over* : ‘And IIIIIIIIiiiiiIIIIII will aaaalways.....’ * falls asleep snoring*

Well, there you go.

"Simon is, and will remain, a dear friend of mine, and I've treasured my experience working this past season with my extended family at Fox and Fremantle," Abdul also said. "I want nothing more than for The X Factor to exceed ALL of their wildest dreams."

Cowell said in a statement: "I want to say a massive thank you to Paula, Nicole and Steve for being part of The X Factor last year. You do develop friendships with the people you work with and Paula, in particular, is a very close friend and I expect to be working with her on another project in the near future."