Hillary Clinton is a politician who was about to be our President, yet Oprah is more powerful than her? According to Forbes' Most Powerful Women in the World list that's just how it is. Oprah has the media that sends a message out to the world in her hands, which is why she is so high up on the list!
Lady Gaga and Beyonce also made the top 10 list which included world leaders and CEOs, but the number one spot was dedicated to our first lady, Michelle Obama.
Moira Forbes, vice-president and publisher of ForbesWoman, says that the people that made the list have affected billions of people around the world.
She said: “The women on our list, through their respective realms of power and influence, are shaping many of the agenda setting conversations of our day. They have built companies and brands, sometimes by non-traditional means, and they have broken through gender barriers in areas of commerce, politics, sports and media and cultural zeitgeist, and thereby affecting the lives of millions, sometimes billions of people.”
2010 Forbes Most Powerful Women In The World top 10:
1. Michelle Obama, US First Lady
2. Irene Rosenfeld, chief executive Kraft Foods
3. Oprah Winfrey, media mogul
4. Angela Merkel, German Chancellor
5. Hillary Clinton, US Secretary of State
6. Indra Nooyi, chief executive, Pepsi
7. Lady Gaga, singer
8. Gail Kelly, chief executive, Westpac
9. Beyonce Knowles, singer and fashion designer
10. Ellen DeGeneres, talk show host