Nicole Richie. biography
Nicole Richie was born on September 21, 1981. She is the adopted daughter of famed musician Lionel Richie. It is rumored that her biological father is musician Peter Michael Escovedo but Richie has continuously denied those reports.
Richie was a bright kid with a rough childhood. Her parents very public divorce caused Richie to rebel against everyone close to her which led to substance abuse problems. She first tried cocaine at the age of 14 and later moved on to heroin which landed her in rehab.
She moved away from Hollywood to attend the University of Arizona but decided to drop out before graduating. Her reasoning for dropping out was: "I went to the University of Arizona. I stopped because I went there for two years and I felt like I experienced college or whatever. I'm over it. I like Hollywood better."
Nicole has been best friends with fellow heiress Paris Hilton since the age of two and they were classmates at the renowned private school Buckley. The two had a very public falling out in 2005 but have since made up.
Richie announced her pregnancy on July 31, 2007 in an interview with Diane Sawyer saying that she was nearly 4 months pregnant and Joel Madden is the father. She gave birth to a 6 lbs. 7 oz girl she named Harlow Winter Kate Madden.
Did you know…
- Her birth name is Nicole Camille Escovedo.
- Her godfather is Michael Jackson.
- Nicole has been a bad girl because she knows that she is set to inherit her father's $200 million fortune.
- In 2006, Nicole was named the Worst Dressed Celeb by PETA.
- Nicole can figure skate.
- Nicole's father, Lionel, wrote the song "Ballerina Girl" for her.
- Nicole knows how to play the cello, piano, and the violin.
- Nicole is a mix of Caucasian, Black Creole and Mexican decent.
- Nicole weighs 97 pounds.
- Nicole has two dogs, Honeychild and Foxxy Cleopatra.