Nicki Minaj won a major award at the BETs last night. If that didn’t keep her competition (*cough* Iggy Azalea *cough*) in check, she made sure to do so during her acceptance speech.
1. Start by mocking the competition.
During Iggy’s performance of “Fancy,” Nicki emulated the rapper’s dance moves when the camera cut to her.
2. Then win Best Female Hip Hop Artist for the fifth time.
3. Call out your competitors for not writing their own rhymes.
When Nicki said, “What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is that when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it.”
4. But never say who you’re shading by name. Just take a sip.
While she never explicitly mentioned Iggy, many took the comment as criticism for the Australian rapper.
5. Then strike hella poses.
6. Toss that hair.
7. Also, be sure to point out that you aren’t shading anyone!
“And no, no, no, no, no, no shade, um...” lol, okay, Nicki.
8. Always have the last word.
After meandering a bit with her thank yous, Nicki circled back to throw more shade by ending her speech with: “I hope and pray that BET continues to honor authenticity. And that’s all I’m gonna say about that.”