If you don’t know 17-year-old actor David Castro, you will soon enough.
The American teen actor is best-known for his role opposite John Leguizamo in 2007’s Where God Left His Shoes, but his star has only been rising since. He's set to star in the new dance film, Lovin' Brooklyn, which is poised to become an instant classic.
Just so you’re not kept out of the loop when he graces the silver screen again soon enough, here are five things you didn’t know about him…
1. You’ve already been introduced to the Castro family, if you’ve seen the Ben Affleck film Jersey Girl that is. David is the younger brother to Raquel Castro, who plays the film’s little girl. Acting runs in their DNA.
2. Watch out, Channing Tatum. David can breakdance. He begged his parents to send him to breakdancing lessons at age 5, but when they refused, he watched MTV in secret and taught himself. He eventually went on to join Michelle Ferraro’s Dance USA’s competition travel team.
3. He’s also a Taylor Lautner in the making. David’s been trained in martial arts since the age of 7 and hopes to do action films someday.
4. Apparently he has a hunger for Hunger Games. His celebrity crush is none other than Jennifer Lawrence.
5. David is a self-taught piano player. After his mom purchased a baby grand for their household, the first tune he taught himself to play was “Ordinary People” by John Legend, which isn’t exactly ordinary.