With “American Horror Story,” Jessica Lange has experienced a resurgence, especially with younger fans. Many championed for her to become the Supreme in “AHS: Coven,” and regardless of the season’s outcome, when you look back at her decades-spanning career, here’s a little-known-since-the-dawn-of-time fact about Jessica Lange: she’s ALWAYS been the Supreme.
1. Her Supreme-ness at the Oscars.
She was the first performer in 40 years to receive two Oscar nominations in a single year, winning Best Supporting Actress for Tootsie and being nominated for Best Actress in Frances.
2. Her Supreme-ness at the Oscars for a second time.
3. Her Supreme turn in Grey Gardens.
She won her first Primetime Emmy in 2009 for her divine role as Big Edie.
4. Always looking like an absolute Supreme with Sam Shepard.
She was with the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright for nearly 30 years and damn they looked good together.
5. Her Supreme relationship with Russian ballet dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov.
They were partners in the late ‘70s to early ‘80s. Chic, right?
6. She’s a Supreme mama bear.
7. Those mysteriously Supreme eyes.
You never know what she’s really thinking.
8. Her Supreme sexiness at 64 to men of all ages.
9. She’s a Supreme work of art.
In 2008, she published a book of her photography, which was exhibited at the Rose Gallery in Santa Monica.
10. Always with Supreme hair.
11. And the Supreme sunglasses.
12. And the most Supreme sleeves.
13. BECAUSE SHE IS JESSICA LANGE.