Hollyscoop went to the taping of the MTV Movie Awards last night. Here’s what people there couldn’t help noticing, which perfectly explains the show.
1. “Everything is on fire.”
Yes, true. Everything was on fire. The stage. The trophies. Jared Leto’s hair. Everything was spontaneously combusting at some point.
2. “She’s so skinny she’s got to be famous.”
If you were over 17 years old, you probably didn’t recognize half the people there. Like, was that a celebrity? Or was she just a sample size zero?
3. “This is fun!”
Apparently some people were having fun.
4. “Where the hell is Zac Efron?”
It was the most asked question of the evening.
5. “I need this to start promptly. I have to watch 'Mad Men' tonight.”
6. “I wish I was drunk.”
Unfortunately the line for the bar was longer than the show’s two-hour runtime.
7. “Who are all these adults here even?”
8. “So literally this entire show is just shouting out names.”
That about sums up this entire program.
9. “Why is she talking like that?”
Amanda Seyfried had a strangely-affected presenting voice.
10. “My favorite part is that you can text during the show and no one gets mad.”
11. “I read a blind item he does heroin on the weekends.”
Said someone when Johnny Depp took the stage to present the award for Best Movie.
12. “So much fire.”
After Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire won the night’s biggest award, we came full circle.