Marketing professor James J. Kellaris, PhD, of the University of Cincinnati conducted a study about the top ten songs/jingles that we will basically never forget.
Nearly 98% of people have had songs stuck in their head Kellaris reported. So wanna know the top ten songs/jingles that you will never forget the theme/lyric to?
Here's the students' top-10 earworm list:
1. Other. Everyone has his or her own worst earworm.
2. Chili's "Baby Back Ribs" jingle.
3. "Who Let the Dogs Out"
4. "We Will Rock You"
5. Kit-Kat candy-bar jingle ("Gimme a Break ...")
6. "Mission Impossible" theme
8. "Whoomp, There It Is"
9. "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"
10. "It's a Small World After All"
The funny thing is that after I read this article I couldn’t get these damn songs out of my head. The girls think I’m a bit crazy cause I’m sitting here and yelling “Who let the dogs out” and “Chili’s Baby Back Ribs.” You will understand what I am talking about when you start randomly singing these tunes in about 5 minutes.