There have been a lot of conflicting reports surrounding Michael Jackson's memorial on Tuesday. Instead of reporting speculation--here are the facts about his memorial:
- It will be held on Tuesday, July 7th between 10 a.m. and noon.
- 11,000 tickets will be distributed free of charge to the general public.
- Fans wishing to attend Jackson's memorial service next week will have to register for the 11,000 free tickets, details are to be announced Friday.
- A private motorcade will go from Forest Lawn Mortuary in Hollywood Hills to Staples Center Tuesday morning for the memorial.
- There will NOT be any type of memorial service held at Neverland Ranch.
- A press conference will be held today, July 3rd, to address the situation further.
In 2002, Michael said: "My funeral is going to be the greatest show on
earth. That's what I want. Fireworks and everything." And it looks like he's going to get everything he asked for!
If you are planning on attending the memorial, we highly suggest you plan ahead. Check the map for detours, or plan to carpool or take a bus to avoid the congestion of cars and traffic. We'll keep you guys posted on new information as soon as they hold their press conference later today!