Michael's Doctor Waited 82 Minutes Before Calling 911

August 25, 2009 By:
Michael's Doctor Waited 82 Minutes Before Calling 911

New details are emerging surrounding the death of Michael Jackson. According to a new police report, Michael's personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray waited 82 minutes to call 911 after he realized Michael had stopped breathing.

Thanks to an unsealed search warrant in the ongoing manslaughter investigation into Michael's death, we have new details about Murray's suspicious behavior on the day of Michael's death.

Murray claims that after he gave Michael propofol on the day of his death, he stepped away for just two minutes to use the restroom and came back to find Michael not breathing.

In the last two months we've heard three different stories as to why Murray wasn't in the room with Michael. One story claims he stepped away to make a few personal calls, another one claims he went to go use the restroom, and the last story is that he fell asleep while monitoring Michael.

As Hollyscoop reported yesterday, on the morning Michael died, Murray gave him valium at 1:30 a.m. When that was unsuccessful, he injected lorazepam at 2 a.m. At 3 a.m., he gave Michael midazolam.

He continued to try different drugs over the course of the morning and finally at 10:40 a.m., Murray gave Michael 25 milligrams of propofol, down from his usual dosage of 50 milligrams, because he feared Michael was getting addicted.

After giving Michael the lethal dosage of propofol, he reportedly stepped out of the room. Police later obtained Murray's cell phone records, which revealed he was on the phone for 47 minutes, in three separate calls, beginning at 11:18 a.m., something he did not reveal to investigators, reports People magazine.

The reports suggest that Murray was either not administrating Michael like he should have, or he was making frantic calls after realizing Michael had stopped breathing.

One call he made was to his Houston office asking that 3-5 boxes full of medical records be cleared out of the office and placed at a storage facility. So instead of calling 911 and attempting to save Michael's life, he was looking out for himself and his practice.

When paramedics finally arrived at Michael's house around 12:30pm, Murray didn't tell them that he had given him propofol. Michael had already gone into cardiac arrest and was reportedly already dead by the time paramedics arrived.

This Murray character is sounding more and more guilty as the days go by. He's reportedly going to be charged with manslaughter in the next few weeks but detectives are still determining whether Michael died because of a single doctor, or the "grossly negligent treatment of several doctors" over time. More details coming soon...