After celebrities die, their bank accounts don’t always go with them.
Forbes has released their annual Top-Earning Dead Celebrities list, and for the fierce followers of that list, there’s a new name leading the deceased pack.
Elizabeth Taylor – aka the lady Lindsay Lohan plays in that Lifetime movie – has surpassed her fellow, non-breathing competition. And when I say “surpassed” I mean crushed them like unexpecting insects under her high heels, leaving the squished corpses of cartoonist Charles Schulz, Elvis Presley and even Michael Jackson in the her perfumery dust.
The actress, famous for her role in 1963’s Cleopatra, has amassed a solid $210 million since her death on March 23, 2011.
Most of that income was accumulated in the sale of her 1,800-piece estate, featuring her jewelry, costumes and artwork. The sales brought in a total of $184 million of the $200 mil plus number.
What they do with that kind of dough now that they no longer have access or frankly a need for it is anyone’s guess…
Here’s a complete look at the top dead earners:
1. Dame Elizabeth Taylor ($210 million)
2. Michael Jackson ($175 million)
3. Elvis Presley ($55 million)
4. Charles Schulz ($37 million)
5. Bob Marley ($17 million)
6. John Lennon ($12 million)
7. Marilyn Monroe ($10 million)
7. Albert Einstein ($10 million)
9. Dr. Seuss ($9 million)
10. Steve McQueen ($8 million)
10. Bettie Page ($8 million)
12. Richard Rogers ($6 million)
13. George Harrison ($5.5 million)