Judge Gives Michael Jackson Movie the Green Light

  • --
Share on FacebookTweet ThisPin ItEmail this to a Friend
Judge Gives Michael Jackson Movie the Green Light
The Michael Jackson movie is a go!

Today LA Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff approved the deal to release footage of Jackson’s final days, including rehearsal footage for his This Is It tour.

The executors of Jackson's estate, John Branca and John McClean, negotiated the pending deal, in which Columbia Pictures will pay AEG $60 million for rights to the footage.

Michael Jackson's estate will receive 90 percent of the profits, with the other 10 percent going to AEG. According to the contract, a final cut of the film must be screened for representatives of his estate no later than October 2nd, must be rated PG and cannot include material that "presents Michael Jackson in a negative light."

According to Us Weekly, Plans for a movie soundtrack - as well as a director's cut DVD and two special editions of the film after its theatrical run - are also underway.

We can’t wait! This will such a great memento for Michael Jackson fans to hold on to.

Meanwhile, there are several tribute concerts being planned in Michael's honor. Events promoter World Awards Media GmbH announced today that a “high-profile” lineup of stars were being contacted to perform for the show to be held early next month in Vienna.
Share on FacebookTweet ThisPin ItEmail this to a Friend