New developments in the case of Michael Jackson’s toxicology report. According to multiple law enforcement sources, Propofol wasn’t the only drug found in Michael Jackson’s system at the time of his death.
TMZ is reporting that alprazolam, which is better known as Xanax, was also found. This drug is commonly used to treat patients with anxiety.
But it’s still believed that Propofol, according to a source, the "front and center in terms of why [Jackson] died."
In related news, if it is eventually concluded that drugs were in fact the cause of Michael’s death, it may mean bad news for AEG as drugs were not covered in the life insurance policy. They took out a $17.5 million life insurance policy with Lloyd’s of London on Michael Jackson for his London comeback.
According to a new report released by the LA Times, the policy would only be paid out if Jackson's death was proved to be accidental and occurred after the completion of a second physical.
Michael only went through one physical prior to the concerts; not two. The policy reads: "This insurance does not cover any loss indirectly arising out of, contributed to, by or resulting from...the illegal possession or illicit taking of drugs and their effects.”
Louise Shield, Lloyd’s head of communications, said in a statement, "I can't comment on this at all. I haven't seen a copy of this policy, and even if I had, I couldn't comment because it is confidential."
Sounds like AEG is now SOL!