Michael Jackson might have passed away, but clearly his legacy still lives on.
Michael, who died in June 2009 was named the highest earning dead celebrity by Forbes. He made a whopping $275 million since his death.
Michael beat out Elvis Presley, who has been at the top of the list for years.
Forbes said: “Jackson’s posthumous earnings have been bolstered by shrewd negotiations by his estate, including a merchandising deal and the rights to his name and likeness for the Sony film ‘This Is It’, which grossed over a quarter of a billion dollars.”
This list is sort of depressing. These people make more money dead then most people will make alive.
Full list of Forbes Top Earning Dead Celebrities:
1. Michael Jackson - $275 million
2. Elvis Presley - $60 million
3. J. R. R. Tolkein - $50 million
4. Charles Schulz - $33 million
5. John Lennon - $17 million
6. Stieg Larsson - $15 million
7. Dr. Seuss - $11 million
8. Albert Einstein - $10 million
9. George Steinbrenner - $8 million
10. Richard Rogers - $7 million
11. Jimi Hendrix and Steve McQueen - $6 million each
12. Aaron Spelling - $5 million