Another Michael Jackson Recording Played During Conrad Murray Trial

October 5, 2011 By:
Another Michael Jackson Recording Played During Conrad Murray Trial

The jurors at the Dr. Conrad Murray manslaughter trial have had an emotional couple of weeks. Last week, they were shown a death photo of Michael Jackson, and on Wednesday, they were played another disturbing recording of the late singer.

The clip was taken from Murray's iPhone and in it, Jackson discusses his plans to build a children's hospital. He also talks about his unhappy childhood.

Forensic computer investigator Stephen Marx took the stand, telling the jury the recording was made May 10, 2009. In the recording, Jackson says he wants to accomplish something that The Beatles and Elvis Presley never did.

"That will be remembered more than my performances. My performance will be up there helping my children and always be my dream," Jackson said, his speech slurring.

“I love them. I love them because I didn't have a childhood ... I feel their pain. I feel their hurt. I can deal with it."

Dr. Murray then asks Jackson if he is okay, as the singer's voice begins to trail off. Jackson replied: "I am sleeping."

Marx was given the task of examining Murray's iPhone, and in it, he found emails and attachments containing Jackson's medical records. They were filed under "Omar Arnold", one of Michael's aliases.

It was also discovered that Murray was also sending out emails and making phone calls hours before Jackson died. There was also a voicemail from Frank Dileo, Michael's former manager, who said that Jackson had an "episode" the previous night.

"I think you need to get a blood test on him. We've got to see what he's doing."

The voicemail was left five days before Jackson died.

Sally Hirschberg, a medical sales rep, also took the stand. She told the jury that her company, Seacoast Medical Supply, declined one of Murray's orders. The doctor ordered an infusion IV set, but his credit card was rejected.

"The account, I believe, had a credit card declined," Hirschberg explained. "And so the paper work was pulled from the warehouse prior to being ordered or shipped."

The equipment was also ordered to be shipped to a private address in Santa Monica. It was the home of Murray's girlfriend, Nicole Alvarez. The company refused to send the equipment to a location that was not a business.

If convicted, Murray faces four years in prison. However, lawyer Mark Geragos told Hollyscoop:

"The most he would do is two years so already he’s got quite a break just by virtue of that. I think his chance at acquittal is good; he’s got a decent jury.