Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs dominated the weekend box office, earning $30.1 million. And even Matt Damon’s The Informant! couldn’t come close, raking in $10.5 million for the No. 2 spot.
Coming in at number three was Tyler Perry’s I Can Do Bad All By Myself with $10 million. And our two lovely ladies round out the top five, with Love Happens bringing in a measly $8.5 million, and Jennifer’s Body raking in an even more pathetic $6.8 million.
But seriously…who can compete with meatballs people?! Here are the top ten movies from the September 18-20 weekend:
1. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs: $30.1 million
2. The Informant!: $10.5 million
3. Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself: $10 million
4. Love Happens: $8.5 million
5. Jennifer's Body: $6.8 million
6. 9: $5.5 million
7. Inglourious Basterds: $3.6 million
8. All About Steve: $3.4 million
9. Sorority Row: $2.5 million
10. The Final Destination: $2.4 million