There’s a new Tumblr hot off the…Tumblrs (?)…and we highly recommend you bookmark it immediately if you’re a fan of “True Detective.”
It’s called truedetectiveconversations.tumblr.com—a parody riff on the dynamic between Rust Cohle and Marty Hart—and it really illuminates how much of a downer Matthew McConaughey’s character truly is. We bet you're real fun at parties, Rust.
1. He doesn’t celebrate holidays.
2. He’s above Her.
3. That time he sucked all happiness out of a kids' movie.
4. But weirdly enough, he cares a lot about Frozen.
5. You can’t even have an innocuous conversation with him about late-night TV, just to pass the time.
6. Or cable TV.
7. Don’t you dare bring up the weather.
8. You can’t tell if his opinion about the Olympics is sincere or sarcastic.
9. It’s just never a straight answer with him.
Yes or no, Cohle. Yes or no.
10. He refuses to be confined to a single archetype, not even for THE HARMLESS FUN of it.
There you have it! Rust Cohle: the Jean-Paul Sartre of “Sex and the City.”