There are rich celebrities and then there are these 10 names.
Forbes released their annual list of top-earning stars (from June 2012 through June 2013) and it includes all the familiar mega-moguls. The big news, however, is that Madonna performed her way to the number one spot.
The 55-year-old entertainer climbed over the multi-million dollar empires of other industry veterans all due to the success of her MDNA world tour, which accumulated a grand total of $305 million in sales. How much did Madonna end up taking to the bank? $125 million.
Following in her footsteps is Steven Spielberg with $100 million, riding the success of his Oscar-winning film Lincoln. Simon Cowell and Fifty Shades of Grey scribe E.L. James tied for third; both brought in an incredible $95 million this year alone.
Filling out the list are:
– Howard Stern ($15 million per year for his judging efforts on “America’s Got Talent” alone)
– Best-selling author James Patterson (net worth: $91 million)
– Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck ($90 million)
– Director Michael Bay ($82 million)
– Producer Jerry Bruckheimer ($80 million)
– Lady Gaga ($80 million)