Great news Mad Men fans--it looks like the show isn't in jeopardy of being canceled after all!
AMC's biggest hit show will return for not just one, but three more seasons after producers sealed a $30 million deal with the show's creator Matthew Weiner.
He said: "I've always felt that seven seasons was the length of the story, but it's great for the fans to now be prepared for it.
"This is the first time I'll get to work on the show knowing that there will be another season and knowing when the end is coming - that's a creative luxury that I feel lucky to have."
Under the terms of the new deal, Matthew will reportedly receive $30 million in compensation for three years (Wow!), making him one of the highest paid writer-producers in cable television.
Earlier this week Christina Hendricks confessed to Hollyscoop she was worried about the future of the show.
“It’s my dream job and I love working there, so I can't wait to go back to work fast and I hope it all just gets settled soon. Because we’re all excited to go back,” Christina told Hollyscoop at the Vivienne Westwood flagship store grand opening in Los Angeles on Wednesday.
Looks like Christina got her wish. Who would resist giving this woman anything she asks for?! Mad Men will return early 2012!