Last night, Team Weezy slept soundly with their king back on his throne.
Following a scary week of health woes, rapper Lil Wayne has been released from the hospital.
It was Young Money associate Mack Maine, who confirmed news and clarified that he was not in a coma.
“Thanks to Cedar Sinai for everything!!! @LilTunechi has been officially been released and is headed home,” tweeted Maine. “God is great.”
As we previously reported, Wayne was rushed to the hospital after suffering from a series of seizures. He’s been in and out of the ICU since Wednesday. Monday marked his sixth day under doctor supervision.
It is being reported that the addictive drink known as "Sizzurp" was the root of his troubles. However, Wayne is said to have had a history with seizures.
“To me, honestly, it's his work ethic,” Weezy’s producing partner Birdman, who visited him in the hospital, said during a recent radio interview.
“How hard he works. How much dedication he gives to his music and his fans. It had nothing to do with drugs. No such thing like that, to me. It was nothing about no drugs. Just needs to get some rest and relax. He'll be back, normal, like everyone else.”
Wayne has yet to confirm the news on his Twitter.