Martin Scorsese has done it again! Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio's psychological thriller 'Shutter Island' dominated the box office this weekend taking in over $40 million dollars opening weekend.
Meanwhile, star-studded romantic comedy Valentine's Day slipped to number two, taking in $17.2 million and James Cameron's Avatar remains strong at three with $16.1 million.
The top ten movies from the February 19-21 weekend are:
1. Shutter Island: $40.2 million
2. Valentine's Day: $17.1 million
3. Avatar: $16.1 million
4. Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief: $15.3 million
5. The Wolfman: $9.8 million
6. Dear John: $7.3 million
7. The Tooth Fairy: $4.5 million
8. Crazy Heart: $4 million
9. From Paris With Love: $2.5 million
10. Edge of Darkness: $2.2 million