Happy Friday, Lady Gaga is being sued by a former assistant and just went OFF on her in court, dropping F-bombs and calling her a “hood rat.”
So Gaga’s ex assistant Jennifer O’Neill is suing Gaga for unpaid wages for 7,168 hours of overtime saying Gaga owes her $393,000.
Gaga claims the assistant was paid $75,000 a year (which is a VERY generous assistant salary) and that none of Gaga’s employees get overtime pay. Gaga was brought in for a 6-hour deposition and called bullsh*t on the whole lawsuit.
Here are the greatest, craziest, and most WTF gems from Gaga’s mouth during the 6 hour testimony.
1) While looking directly at O’Neill: “Are you going to stare at me like a witch this whole time – honestly?”
2) Describing O’Neill: “[She’s a] f*cking hood rat who is suing me for money that she didn’t earn.”
3) Explaining how the universe works: “She’s [O'Neill's] just – she thinks she’s just like the queen of the universe. And, you know what, she didn’t want to be a slave to one, because in my work and what I do, I’m the queen of the universe every day.”
4) Telling us why O’Neill should be grateful: “Because she slept in Egyptian cotton sheets every night, in five-star hotels, on private planes, eating caviar, partying with [photographer] Terry Richardson all night, wearing my clothes, asking YSL [Yves Saint Laurent] to send her free shoes without my permission, using my YSL discount without my permission.”
5) Describing how to unpack luggage: “One of the biggest problems I had with Jen is that I felt like she didn’t lay out all my stuff for me. There are 20 bags and there is only one me, and I can’t sift through everything. By the way, she was asleep until 12:00 most of the time, so I was very often waking up and moving my own luggage and doing s--t by myself, and it was — it was a problem that I had.”
6) Gaga bragging for no apparent reason: “[my employees enjoyed] a beautiful $3,000 meal that I paid for…just because.”
7) Gaga throwing super shade: “I’m not going to give [O’Neill the money] so she can go to Intermix and buy herself a new tube top.”
8) Gaga telling us what friendship is: “When your best friend looks you in the eye and says, ‘Why can’t I have that seat on your private plane, I’m your friend,’ the first thing I thought was, ‘You’re not my f-cking friend.’”