Everything is business in the entertainment industry...even marriage. Prenuptial agreements are basically mandatory when you're merging multi-million dollar empires, and these are the nine famous couples who have/had the most serious prenups:
1. Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake – The actress has a prenup clause warning that if Justin cheats on her, she gets to walk away with a divorce and an agreed sum of $500,000. According to Radar, Jessica made sure to have the stipulation because he’s strayed in the past; they were on-and-off for almost a year due to cheating rumors.
2. Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom – Khloe and Lamar’s divorce is reportedly “imminent” which means that their prenup could go into effect any day. Khloe asked for $500,000 for each year that they were married (in this case, four years), $25,000 a month in support, their house, a new car at the end of every lease cycle, $5,000 a month for shopping, $1,000 for beauty care, and courtside seats at Lakers games. Just the basics.
3. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban – Given Keith’s drug struggles, Nicole’s advisors urged that she write a prenup ensuring her security if the worst were to happen…like her husband relapsing. That’s why they have a common agreement of $640,000 for every year they were married if he were to start abusing illegal drugs again. Keith doesn’t get a cent.
4. Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise – Katie and Tom must have had an ironclad prenup, because before anyone had a chance to really speculate about it, they had settled all the particulars in record time. Katie reportedly received $3 million for every year that they were married.
5. Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen – Denise was smart to get a prenup before marrying Charlie. She was guaranteed a $4 million bonus if it could be proved that he cheated on her.
6. Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas – Catherine requested that she receive $2.8 million for each year of marriage and a $5 million bonus if it were to end due to infidelity on Michael's part.
7. Elin Nordegren and Tiger Woods – In their original prenup, Elin agreed to a $20 million payout if they remained married for at least 10 years. But after the numerous cheating scandals surfaced, she demanded that the prenup be rewritten. At the end of the all the drama, Elin received a total of $750 million.
8. Britney Spears and Kevin Federline – Britney reportedly didn’t even want a prenup (that’s how head over heels with Kevin she was…haven’t you seen “Chaotic”?), but her business managers and family intervened. In the end, Kevin received about $1 million in their divorce.
9. Beyoncé and Jay Z – Not like they would ever get divorced, but in their prenuptial agreement Beyoncé would be set to gain $1 million for each year that she’s married to Jay Z (up to a maximum of 15 years).