No country has more junk to offer than the U.S. We litter our streets with fast food joints, constantly produce ridiculous reality shows, and we're happy to fork over several hundred dollars for foreign fashion.
But hey, we're also known for working too much. We don't siesta, most of us put in way more than 40 hours a week, and we go straight from our work PCs to our home office laptops. Sometimes we just need to dumb down and cater to our disgusting urges.
And celebrities are no different. Hollyscoop has talked to celebs about what their vices are, and after interrogating and researching, we've put together a list of our favorite celebrity guilty pleasures.
1. Kate Middleton: 805 Calorie Cheeseburger Let's hope Kate's in charge of the Royal Reception menu! According to reports, Kate frequents the Ebury Brasserie, an eatery near Buckingham Palace. Kate's favorite is the Ebury Burger, which, if you're at all worried about your health, isn't for you. Even without seeing this thing, I'm drooling at the thought of an 805-calorie burger. Sad, I know.
2. Katie Cassidy: Fergie Specifically, Katie told Hollyscoop she listens to "that damn Fergie album." Okay, so Fergie doesn’t exactly have the most profound lyrics, but it's great workout music. "It always inspires me, " Cassidy told Hollyscoop. "I listen to that album so many times I can't help it. It pumps me up." It's also great music if you're learning how to spell.
3. Heidi Klum: Junk food Klum told Hollyscoop, "I love chocolate and I love French fries." Well who doesn’t? Klum's body has always been in ridiculously perfect shape, so you know she spends the majority of her life working out. The woman deserves the occasional fry and Butterfinger!
4. Natasha Leggero: Cigarettes Ah, the addictive vice of old Hollywood. You don't see many stars puffing nowadays, but fifty years ago, it was common to see even demure, sophisticated actresses—say, Audrey Hepburn—burning holes in their lungs. Natasha told Hollyscoop, "I don't do it too much but I need one now. No one smokes anymore and it looks so cool, especially in fur. I might have to go get one now, actually." Don't ignore the surgeon general, Natasha!
5. Jessica Simpson: Nicorette No, she doesn’t smoke, but for some reason Jessica loves Nicorette, which is like, the opposite of what they're going for. In 2010, Jessica explained to Jay Leno how she developed this guilty pleasure:
"The first time I ever chewed a piece of Nicorette gum, one of my close friends' mother gave it to me. I think she thought she was giving me a piece of regular gum. I was chewing it and it was like a party in my mouth. It was like fireworks and, oh, my God, I'm talking a million miles per hour and I love this gum and what kind of gum is this? I have to have this gum."
Something like that could only happen to Jessica Simpson. I guess it's better than cigarettes!
From Fergie to nicotine-infused chewing gum, we all have something we enjoy that we're not exactly proud of. But just because they might not be good for you, doesn’t mean you have to feel guilty about your guilty pleasures. When Hollyscoop asked Queen Latifah what her guilty pleasure was, she replied: "I don’t feel guilty about nothing."
That's right, Queen Latifah, watch your Jersey Shore with pride!