Justin Timberlake. biography
NAME:Justin Timberlake BIRTH DATE:January 31, 1981 (Age: 32) PLACE OF BIRTH:Memphis, Tennessee
His first attempts at a singing career were on Star Search as Justin Randall. In 1993, he got a taste of fame when he joined The Mickey Mouse Club. There he met Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and JC Chasez. When the show ended in 1995, Timberlake gathered Chasez and Chris Kirkpatrick to be in a new all-male singing group, that eventually became *NSYNC. In 1999 Justin acted as Jason Sharpe in the TV movie Model Behavior.
‘N SYNC formed in 1995 and included members JC Chasez, Lance Bass, Chris Kirkpatrick, Joey Fatone, and Justin Timberlake. The group became one of the most popular boy bands in the 1990s. They created five albums which included the fastest-selling album of all time, No Strings Attached. After their last album, Celebrity, the group decided to take time off. After their split, Timberlake began to work on his solo career.
Timberlake transformed from his clean image into a sexier and more mature image. His first solo album, Justified, debuted in 2002. In 2003 he supported the album with Christina Aguilar in their Justified/Stripped Tour. By the end of 2003, Timberlake’s song “Im Lovin’ It” was used by McDonald’s as their theme song. This deal earned Timberlake an estimated $6 million. In 2004, Justin Timberlake performed with Janet Jackson during the halftime show of the Super Bowl XXXVIII. At the end of the performance, Timberlake tore off a part of Jackson’s costume, causing the piece to become detached and exposing her breast. As a result of the incident, Jackson and Timberlake were both banned from the Grammy Awards unless they agreed to apologize on screen at the event. Jackson had already given a public apology, declined to give another one. Timberlake apologized and also received two Grammy Awards. In 2006 he released his second album FutureSex/LoveSound. He was the guest performer for the 2006 Victoria Secret Fashion Show, where he sang Sexyback. In January 2007 he started his FutureSex/LoveShow tour.
Timberlake has also a pursued an acting career. He starred in Model Behavior, On the Line, Edison Force, Alpha Dog, Black Snake Moan, Southland Tales, and voiced King Arthur in Shrek the Third. He has also opened several restaurants in the U.S. He also launched his clothing line William Rast in 2005.
Justin Timberlake dated his high school sweetheart/ pop singer Veronica Finn from 1996-1998. During the Mickey Mouse Club he met Britney Spears. They started a high-profile celebrity relationship which ended four years later in 2002. The breakup influenced Timberlake’s popular single “Cry Me a River.” He has also been linked to actress’s Jenna Dewan and Alysso Milano. In 2003, Timberlake started dating Cameron Diaz and confirmed their split in early 2007. Rumor has it that he also dated Scarlett Johansson right after his split with Diaz. He is recently linked to actress Jessica Biel.
He was given the sexiest man title in Cosmopolitan and Teen People magazines.
Did you know…
- In May 2007, Justin revealed he was launching his own record label, Tennman Records. He will serve as chairman and CEO of the company.
- In February 2007, it was revealed that Justin has a fear of sharks, snakes and spiders, as well as dying unloved.
- Justin's best friends include Will.i.am from Black Eyed Peas and Timbaland, the producer. He is also good friends with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin.
- In 2006, Justin took voice lessons to learn how to speak in a deeper voice because he lost out on two acting roles because he sounded more like a boy than an "action hero."
- Justin recently auctioned a snowboarding session with him to help benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina. The winning bidder paid $30,000! Who was the lucky winner? Justin's band-mate from *NSYNC, Lance Bass!
- Justin was featured on the hit single, Where Is The Love? by pop/rap group Black Eyed Peas; however, he was not preset in the music video.
- Justin is a fan of singer Björk.
- Justin collects candles and sports jerseys.
- Justin is reportedly the only one in *NSYNC that doesn't want to make another album.
- Justin won Grammy Awards for Best Pop Vocal Album (Justified) and Best Male Pop Vocal Performan