Jonathan Rhys Meyers Denies Rehab Claims

April 30, 2009 By:
Jonathan Rhys Meyers Denies Rehab Claims

Contrary to what was being reported, Jonathan Rhys Meyers denies having checked into rehab earlier this year.

In February, reports swirled that the Tudors star had checked into a facility in England. The buzz began after he had missed several awards ceremonies and TV appearances. But when Meyers showed up at the Soloist premiere in LA last week, he slammed the rumors.

He said, "I just felt I needed time off and I didn't need to go to awards ceremonies. You can get slightly waylaid as an actor doing that sort of thing and I'm never that comfortable at them anyway."

He did admit to seeing a counselor in England, but that was the extent of it. Meyers said, "I live an incredibly low-key life. I think people would like to think I'm a hell of a lot naughtier than I am actually. I am actually quite a boring guy."

As for what’s really occupying Jonathan’s time at the moment, he says, "I spent the last week and a half playing bloody golf. Me, Jonathan Rhys Meyers! If anyone saw me in those stupid golf clothes on the golf course, there would have been a different story written!"

Well, we’re glad to hear it! And we’re happy to see that nothing has gotten in the way of the Tudors, which is now in season 3 if you haven’t tuned in yet!