Jonathan Rhys Meyers. biography
Jonathan Rhys Meyers was originally born as Jonathan Michael Francis O’Keeffe. He was born in Dublin, Ireland to Geraldine Meyers and musician John O’Keeffe. He has three younger brothers, Jamie, Paul, and Alan. He was born with a serious heart problem, and his surviving was very odd. The first few months of his life were spent in the hospital.
At the age of three, his parents separated. Jonathan and his brother Alan were raised by his mother, while their father raised his two other brothers. At age 16 he got expelled from the North Monastery Secondary School, and later spent much time in pool halls. At a Cork pool hall was were Meyers was spotted by casting agents, and was encourage to pursue an acting career. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is currently starring in the Showtime series The Tudors.
Rhys Meyers has been linked to Toni Collette, Rachael Leigh Cook, Glenda Gilson, and Estella Warren. He has been on and off with heiress Renna Hammer for the past three years.
Did you know…
- On November 21, 2007, Jonathan's mother, Geraldine Meyers, passed away at age 50, after a battle with a sudden illness.
- On November 18, 2007, Jonathan was arrested at the Dublin Airport in Dublin, Ireland for 'public drunkenness' and 'breach of the peace.' He was later released on bail.
- Jonathan beat out over 200 actors to play the role of Elvis Presley in Elvis. In 2005, Jonathan won "Outstanding Actor in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television" at the Satellite Awards for his role as Elvis in the 2005 mini-series, Elvis.
- In 2006, Jonathan was ranked #16 on E!'s 'Sexiest European Stars' list.
- Jonathan's middle name, "Rhys," is pronounced like "Reese."
- In 2003, Jonathan got his break by starring in a film called Bend It Like Beckham alongside Parminder Nagra and Keira Knightley.
- In 2001, Jonathan modeled for the Fall/Winter collection for clubmonaco.com.
- In December 2006, Jonathan became the new face of Hugo Boss' male fragrance 'Hugo.' He appeared in TV commercials and print ad campaigns and was the first celebrity ever used by Hugo Boss in its advertisements.
- He is a talented singer and musician.