John Travolta's extortion case ended in a mistrial on Wednesday. The two men who were accused of attempting to extort him following the death of his son will face a new trial.
Senior Justice Anita Allen came to the decision after a speech on TV and radio in the Bahamas hinted that the jury was considering acquitting one of the defendants.
She told the court: "We are concerned in the interest of justice that there has been a communication from the jury room. The dilemma that we face is great. I am erring on the side of caution. Justice must be transparent.”
Travolta is reportedly "upset" about how the trial ended, but said he is willing to "continue to cooperate fully with police." The two defendants will face a new trial “in the interest of justice.”
If you all remember, Paramedic Tarino Lightbourne and former Senator Pleasant Bridgewater allegedly demanded $20 million from Travolta and threaten to sell a story claiming the couple "intentionally killed" their son after their son Jett had a seizure and passed away while the family was vacationing in the Bahamas late last year.
Shady politician getting out of a scandalous trial? Nothing new here. We just feel bad for the Travolta's. They hardly had a chance to grieve the loss of their son before having to head to court for an extortion case.