Jessica Simpson. biography
Jessica Ann Simpson was born and raised in Dallas, TX. She began her career performing as a member of her church choir. Simpson rose to fame in the late 1990’s but became a pop culture icon and a tabloid favorite when she married Nick Lachey and starred in the MTV reality show Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica.
Jessica met Nick when she was given a role in the music video for 98 Degrees' hit song "My Everything," playing Nick’s love interest. The two began dating and dated for 2 years before they decided to ‘take a break.’ Then on September 11, 2001, Nick was supposed to be flying to NYC when the attacks on the world trade center occurred. Jessica immediately phoned Nick and the two then rekindled their relationship. They then married in a lavish ceremony on Oct. 26, 2002, in Austin, Texas.
Then three years after getting married the two decided to call it quits. Reports that their union was in trouble began surfacing when rumors of infidelity on both ends started making the media rounds. Since then Jessica’s personal life has been in the slumps going in and out of failed relationships.
In her professional life, Simpson has expressed interest in a country album as well as continuing to do movies.
Did you know…
- Jessica is insecure about having short legs.
- Jessica's most memorable gift she's ever received was her pup, Daisy.
- Jessica was only 14 years old when she released her first album.
- She is a natural brunette.
- Jessica's favorite actor is Brad Pitt.
- Jessica's favorite book is Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks.
- After Newlyweds began airing, Jessica's album sales skyrocketed.
- Jessica turned down a part in Coyote Ugly.
- Jessica's friends call her "Jess" for short.
- Pretty Woman is Jessica's all-time favorite movie.