American actor Jeremy Piven was born on July 26, 1965 in New York City, NY. Both his parents were actors and Jeremy followed in their footsteps. He has appeared in many films including PCU, Old School and Runaway Jury.
Jeremy is best known for his portrayal of Ari Gold on the HBO series Entourage. Piven has won two Emmy's for his work. Piven is widely regarded as one of the funnier actors in Hollywood.
Is Jeremy Piven gay?
Rumors that Jeremy Piven is gay ignited in 2007 after Piven sarcastically expressed why he's 41 and single to Playboy Magazine, saying, "I'd love to have a girlfriend - if I weren't gay. That's right, I'm gay! I'm gayer than Liberace in 1972."
His sexuality was further scrutinized when Los Angeles interior designer Robert Randolph released a tell-all book You'll Never Spa In This Town Again (2012) in which he alleges John Travolta is in the closet and participates in gay explicit acts in Los Angeles' City Spa as well as John Cusack, John Amos, Pauly Shore, Billy Zane, Andy Dick, Paul Giammatti and Jeremy Piven.
Although the book made headlines, Piven never approached the rumors and instead continued to be his old self; a smartass.
Did you know…
- He won a Golden Globe in 2008 for his role on Entourage
- He is an outspoken environmentalist
- He is a huge fan of Chicago sports teams
- He has practiced yoga for over 15 years
- He has a basketball signed by Michael Jordan
- At one time, he shared an apartment with John Cusack
- His high school ambition was to be the first Jewish football player at Notre Dame
- He got malaria while filming PCU