How did Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita Nyong’o, Emma Stone and the rest of them become some of Hollywood’s most precious IT-girls?
Well, we’ll show you.
This is how you become a Hollywood darling, according to the darlings themselves.
1. Give an inspired performance in YOUR FIRST MOVIE EVER.
2. But then turn up to red carpets looking like a damn supermodel.
3. Always be completely surprised whenever you win ANYTHING.
4. You must be CONSTANTLY surprised, even though you’ve won all the awards already.
5. You should be best friends with guys that AREN’T your boyfriend.
It makes you seem cool and down-to-earth.
6. You should make goofy faces as often as possible.
So people don’t think you’re TOO vain.
7. Just, make a weird face whenever you want.
People will embrace your REALNESS.
8. But seriously, don’t stop making weird faces.
9. You should drop jokes here and there:
The dirtier, the better.
10. It’s best if you’ve done a handful of indie films.
11. But it’s okay to do a blockbuster once or twice.
12. It’s totally fine to be nervous when accepting an award.
And if you apologize for it, people will love your HUMILITY.
13. If you want, ditch Hollywood and go to Brown or NYU.
That’s like, the best thing you can do.
14. If you can, be unbearably cute but also casually sexy.
You’ll be every girl's imaginary BFF and every dude’s imaginary girlfriend.
15. Accidentally drop a few curse words here and there:
But make sure you realize the mistake. You can’t just straight-up cuss.
16. Look amazing in EVERY SINGLE THING YOU WEAR.
17. Being friends with other beloved actresses is a HUGE PLUS.
18. Photobomb often.
It makes you seem unpredictable and spontaneous.
19. Definitely DON’T take yourself too seriously.
20. Don’t worry about being a little bit nerdy.
It makes you RELATABLE.
21. It is helpful to be a champion of FOOD.
22. You literally CANNOT like dieting or even talk about dieting…
… if you want to be a Hollywood darling.
23. If there’s a big hullabaloo about your Vogue cover being Photoshopped...
... you should have an impressive quote about body acceptance ready to go.
24. Self-deprecation is a HUGE asset.
25. But most importantly, just be clumsy.
Everyone LOVES a clumsy girl.