Let's talk about my best friend Jennifer Lawrence.
After gracing us with an entire year of stunning red carpet appearances, amazing and unfiltered interviews ("And if you hold the bow and arrow like this and put your shoulders back, it makes your tits look better" is a certifiably real Jennifer Lawrence quote), her performance in Silver Linings Playbook and all around Katniss Everdeen-y badness, it's bizarre to think we lived in a wild world that was once free of The J-Law.
She made her mark with Winter's Bone, but before she really hit it big on the press scene (the years 2011 through 0 C.E.) we were living in the Hollywood dark ages. It was basically like we were all roaming a District in the Hunger Games. A sad, lonely and unjust existence. I honestly don't know how we survived it.
Now with a few awards in the bag, three more HG movies, and a hosting gig on "Saturday Night Live," it's safe to say Jennifer is officially here to stay and we are in brighter days because of it and from them we discover the 10 reasons she is our modern day hero.
1. She will not apologize for her TOTALLY NORMAL body. In a completely sensical quote to Elle magazine, "I’m never going to starve myself for a part…I don’t want little girls to be like, ‘Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so I’m going to skip dinner. That’s something I was really conscious of during training, when you’re trying to get your body to look exactly right. I was trying to get my body to look fit and strong- not thin and underfed."
2. She has a mature-for-her-years view of her profession... Then this equally realistic look at how she pays the bills to Vanity Fair: "Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid...Everybody’s like, 'How can you remain with a level head?' And I’m like, 'Why would I ever get cocky? I’m not saving anybody’s life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I’m making movies. It’s stupid.'"
3. …probably because she had a real childhood. Because really, the last thing we need is another star who thinks everyone's teenage bedroom looks like a Disney set.
4. She only references the best sleepover movies ever in her awards acceptance speeches. Awards shows need to start creating awards show trophies for Best Awards Show Acceptance Speech to hand to Jennifer Lawrence after winning on said awards shows. Because from her Mean Girls shout-out at the People's Choice Awards to her cheeky nod to the First Wives Club ("I beat Meryl"), Jennifer wins it every time.
5. Speaking of awards and shiny stuff, she looks incredible in gold. Seriously, just google "jennifer lawrence gold."
6. She was able to dress up like a "high-fashion" bird for a magazine and not crack a smile doing it. Talk about will power.
7. She saves lives… Once Jennifer used her superhuman Katniss senses to hear someone scream, identify it as a teenager who collapsed outside a nearby apartment building and rush over with super speed to help.
8. …and she can easily end them. Turns out the young woman was harassed by another juvenile, so Jennifer waited until police arrived to protect her. Hello, bows and arrows, b*tches.
9. She only throws the best birthday parties. If her first acting role in these "My Super Sweet Sixteen" commercials indicate anything, then like, duh.
10. She tells it like it is. "Yeah, you failed." – Jennifer Lawrence on the haters of the world.