"It destroyed not only five hours of primetime programming, but also the local newscasts that followed. However, the floppage of the move doesn’t even stop there: The Tonight Show ratings with Leno’s replacement at 11:35, Conan O'Brien, also took a 50 percent dip. And NBC’s attempt to remedy the situation was just as ugly—asking Conan to move back a half-hour to 12:05am so Jay could return to 11:35," reports EW.
Check out the top 10 Biggest Bombs and Blunders below and tell us if you agree:
1. Putting Jay Leno at 10 p.m.
2. Fox yanks Family Guy off the air – twice
4. Moonlighting's David and Maddie hook up
5. The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer
6. Premature exits including NYPD Blue's David Caruso, Cheers' Shelley Long, and Bonanza's Pernell Roberts
8. ABC overdoes it with Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
9. Felicity cuts her hair
10. The XFL