Tony Stark has done it again! Iron Man 2 rocketed to the top of the U.S. box office this weekend scoring the fifth biggest opening weekend in history!
The movie brought in $133.6 million in the U.S. alone. That's quite an opener! The sequel to the 2008 hit, starring Robert Downey, Jr. as the comic book superhero, dominated movie theatres across America this weekend. The original Iron Man grossed $98.6 million when it debuted in 2008.
The top ten movies from the May 7-9 weekend:
1. Iron Man 2: $133 million
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street: $9.1 million
3. How To Train Your Dragon: $6.7 million
4. Date Night: $5.3 million
5. The Back-up Plan: $4.3 million
6. Furry Vengeance: $4 million
7. Clash of the Titans: $2.3 million
8. Death at a Funeral: $2.1 million
9. The Losers: $1.8 million
10. Babies: $1.5 million